Today is moving day! So you know what Mr. and I will be doing. While packing up the last bit of things last night, I started thinking about all the projects I want to do on the house. So far we’ve done some changes in the guest bathroom and kitchen. We still need new countertops, backsplash, crown molding and floors in the kitchen; and a new sink (most definitely) and maybe floors in the guest bathroom. The other rooms downstairs are the living room, dining room, entry way, laundry room, and the master bedroom/bath. I’ll update this post with links as we do these projects.
We don’t have a lot to do in the dining and living rooms. (mostly just paint) The wood floors in these two areas are new, so that’s something we don’t have to worry about. Yay!
Let me apologize right now. This post is long. But I hope you’ll hang in there with me and let me know if you have any advice for us. We’re just a couple of DIY dorksters and it’s all hit and miss with us!! So with that said, here’s a list of what I would like to do: (I’m posting pictures from when the house was on the market when we bought it. That way you can see what we are working with.)
Kitchen / Breakfast Area
I jumped on this room first! See the changes we’ve already done here and here.
paint cabinets and install new hardware
- paint trim and baseboards
- install new backsplash
- install new flooring
- replace countertops
- new lighting in kitchen
- new fan/light in breakfast area
Dining Room / Entry Way
paint an accent wall
or two (thinking about bringing the color from the dining room onto these walls)
- change out the ceiling fan (haven’t decided if we will replace with another fan or a light/chandelier)
As you can see, the walls had to be covered up quickly! Check out what we’ve already completed here.
- replace countertop
- replace flooring
These will be the last rooms we do, as they were updated with carpet, tile and paint before the house went on the market. Although we will probably sneak a new ceiling fan/light in there before we’re through with downstairs!
- paint (thinking a pretty coastal blue)
- replace flooring (we’re not fans of carpet)
- change fan/light
Laundry Room -The realtor didn’t take pictures of the laundry room. So you get to see it in all it’s glorious messiness!
- remove old and install new cabinets above w/d
- remove metal shelving
- install bar for hanging clothes
- install floor to ceiling cabinet
- replace light
Now moving upstairs… This is where all the fun starts again!! There are two bedrooms, game/craft room, bathroom, and Mr.’s office.
Spare bedrooms #1 & #2
- paint walls (white – I’m going to pull my colors in with accessories and furniture)
- change ceiling fan/lights
- paint desk in bedroom #2
- change hardware on desk
This bedroom is tiny and has a tiny desk tucked in the corner. Can’t find a pic and it is covered up with boxes right now. 🙂
paint an accent wall/walls
(the wall on the right that isn’t shown extends out over the entry way and I won’t be able to paint it myself
Bathroom – This room is just yuck!
(depending on what time of the day it is, these walls either look blue or lavender. Seriously! Not sure what color I want to go with.
- replace tiles in tub area and walls (I would like white bead board on the walls, not sure what we’ll put around the tub yet)
- replace faucet/showerhead in tub
- replace flooring
- install new countertop and sinks (sea shell sinks again! Two of them!!!)
- replace faucets
- replace or frame mirror
- paint cabinet (will keep to save money)
- change out lights
- replace hardware
- take door off linen closet
- toilet (still trying to get the rust stains out. So not sure yet if it will be replaced.)
AND last but not least…. Mr.’s office!
We’ve already been able to cross off two items since we moved in.
remove filthy, paper fan in window
replace broken blinds
- decorate & organize
So there you have it! Are you still with me? I hope so, and I hope you will come back and check on the progress as we make it room to room.
Have a great weekend!!